Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Do not despair

I love this talk by President Benson It has helped me through many a hard times, one part I really love is "Prayer in the hour of need is a great boon. From simple trails to our Gethsemane, prayer - PERSISTENT PRAYER - can put us in touch with God, our greatest source of comfort and counsel." Pray always, that you may come off conqueror." )D&C 10:5) "Exerting all my powers to call upon God to deliver me" is how the young Joseph Smith describes the method that he used in the Sacred Grove to keep the adversary from destroying him. (JS--H 1:16) This is also a key to use in keeping depression from destroying us."

It is so amazing to me how God can comfort us and give us strength during hard times. I also know how hard the adversary works on you as well, it makes you think that you are justified in treating others badly or justified in not praying or reading your scriptures.  And when you stop doing those things depression is bound to set in, you become even more unhappy.  I know that if we do our best (no one is perfect) to keep the commandments we will be blessed with strength and optimism through rough days

Boyd K. Packer said:
"It was meant that life would be a challenge. To suffer some anxiety, some depression, some disappointment, even some failure is normal. Teach our members that if they have a good miserable day once in a while, or even several in a row, to STAND STEADY AND FACE THEM. THINGS WILL STRAIGHTEN OUT. There is great purpose in our struggle in life."

We knew what we were facing when we came to this earth, we accepted the the trails and difficulties that we would go through. I truly believe this, I have felt the power of our God and his angels during my times of need, I know angels surround us they are cheering us on everyday! I can't help but smile when I think of all my dear family and friends on the others side cheering for me, supporting me. I am blessed beyond words, and so are all of you! This life is amazing and wonderful! And I am so happy that I made the choice to come here to this earth during this time!
Have a magnificent day! :)
Love ~ Al

No comments:

Post a Comment