Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pefection

"Meanwhile, brothers and sisters let us do the best we can and try to improve each day. WHEN our imperfections appear, we can keep trying to correct them.  We can be more forgiving of flaws in ourselves and among those we love.  We can be comforted and forbearing.  The Lord taught "Ye are not to abide the presence of God now....., wherefore, continue in patience until ye are perfected."

~ Elder Russell M. Nelson (Perfection Pending)

This is great talk, I needed to be reminded of this, as I am being especially hard on myself today. I am so thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for the light and peace in brings into my life.  It is astounding to think that if we just do our best and try our hardest it will be enough, God will help with the rest.

4 comments:

  1. "You are doing better than you think you are, but you could still do better." What a wonderful point made my Elder Nelson. Christ was already perfect and lived a perfect life but he still worked. We can never grow too much in the Gospel the problem lies in not growing enough. Absolutely wonderful thought Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That was such a good talk from Julie Beck Sunday! Thanks for your comment shantell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It amazes me to think that with how perfect and omniscient our Heavenly Father is, that He, like all of us, are subject to the law of progression. Even he still learns. The Law of Eternal Progression is amazing to me and how grateful i have become over the years for it.

    I love the reminder to take it one day at a time and just do what we can, nit to "run faster than we have strength" but to still try :) This is a comforting concept to me. Thanks Al!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camber that is so true! I loved how you talked about the Law of Progression. It is such a wonderful blessing to be able to progress, cast off the old and welcome the new. You are an amazing person Camber!

    ReplyDelete