Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The power of scripture study

“I feel certain that, if in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase. Mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children with greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity, the full love of Christ, will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness.”


~Marion G. Romney
 
What a great blessing the scriptures are! I want this in my life more! I want the power and protection that the scriptures hold! As a mother it scares me, it scares me that my kids are just going to be bombarded constantly.  It was hard for me when I was young I can't imagine how it will be for them. But this is something I can do, a way that I can help make their lives a little better. I am so thankful for the Scriptures!

2 comments:

  1. Well said my friend! I absolutely agree with that! I love that quote and the power that it holds! Scripture power is key! Thanks for the great thought today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a good point Allison. it's nice to know that studying our scriptures (by ourselves and as a family) will help our children.

    ReplyDelete