Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Powerful Source for good

"Please be more accepting of yourself, INCLUDING your body shape and style, with a little less longing to look like someone else. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.  Some are Tall, and some are Short.  Some are Round, and some are Thin. And almost everyone at some time or other wants to be something he or she is not!  But as one adviser to teenage girls said: "You can't live your life worrying that the world is staring at you.  When you let people's opinions make you feel self conscious you give away your power..... The key to feeling CONFIDENT is to always listen to your inner self  -- THE REAL YOU"  And in the kingdom of God, the real you is "More precious than RUBIES" (proverbs 3:15) Every young woman is a child of destiny and every adult woman is a POWERFUL source for GOOD."

~ Elder Holland (Broken things to mend)

Do you feel you insecurities have been holding you back? I do! Sometimes I get so frustrated that I let what others think of me affect me so! We all have unique and special gifts and talents to offer this world! No one is better than another. We all are needed, we are all special, and have something to give that no one else can. We all can be a greater source of GOOD in this world. And we all would do so much better at this if we would stop comparing and worrying so much what others are thinking of us.

I am so thankful for the gift of a new day, a fresh start, the ability to try a "little harder to be a little better" This is my goal this week to try not to worry so much about what others are thinking.

To be honest I was really hesitant to start this blog. Because I was so worried that others would judge me or think I thought I was better or trying to prove how special I was or something. But I want you to know that is not why at all!
 I do it because I love the gospel I love talking about it, I love that hope and peace and comfort it brings into my life and those around me. I want to help lift who ever reads this up, I want to make you happy.  I know God loves you, he loves you more than you can comprehend, he wants you to be happy. and the sure way to peace and happiness is through the teachings and gospel of Jesus Christ.  The things I write about on here are things that I am struggling with myself so learning and writing about it helps me to make a conscious effort to do better. I love you all and hope you keep reading.
Love,
Allison

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I love Elder Holland and how he says things!

    Great post Allison. I hope you've had a good week and were able to not worry about what others think about you...though everyone loves you and thinks you're great! I think most times what we think others think is FAR worse than what they actually do. So we might as well not worry about it;)

    ReplyDelete