Monday, March 28, 2011

Tender Mercies

"The Lord's timing and his tender mercies are ARE REAL and they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence. Often the Lord's timing of his tender mercies helps us to both discern and acknowledge them."
~David Bednar

I believe this is true! I feel like sometimes I don't acknowledge these sweet blessings enough in my life. I recently attended a beautiful funeral for Tyler's (my husband) cousins little boy. I have never felt the spirit so strong at a funeral before. The Father gave an amazing talk that I will never forget, one of the things he said was how he and his wife had a tradition that everyday they would look for a miracle that happened that day.
This really touched me and since then I have tried to do the same each day.   As I have been doing this I feel closer to my Heavenly Father, I know even more than ever that he is very aware of me. He loves me and wants to help me.
And I know he loves each of you as well. He wants to help us, and he wants us to acknowledge him in our lives more often.  I know that if we do this we will feel greater peace and optimism in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Once again you have blown it out of the water... You are an incredible person! This is such an inspiring post! In a recent short time of events I have seen this quote to be absolutely true! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words. The Spirit was amazing at Luke's funeral. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to talk to you. I wanted to get down to your house while we were there as well, so did Mike, but just ran out of time. I hope that you are doing well. You and your little one are in our prayers daily. I love the daily miracle. It makes me stop to analyze exactly what is important in my life. Luke's death has also done that for me. Rest well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete