Thursday, August 9, 2012

Moments of Beginnings and Endings


"Yes there will be moments of beginnings and moments of endings throughout our lives, but these are only markers along the way of the great middle of our eternal lives.  Whether we are at the beginning or the end, whether we are young or old, the Lord can use us for his purposes if we simply set aside whatever thoughts limit our ability to serve and allow His will to Shape our lives."
Dieter F. Uchtorf (Always in the Middle)

* This talk has been particularly helpful to me lately as I am struggling a little with the fact that we are done having children. ( due to health reasons) I have gone through so many emotions, as I feel its not fair, or what else am I supposed to be doing with this time of my life? I'm only 27 years old. I was always that girl who loved to babysit, loved little kids and told everyone I wanted 8 kids someday:) (Now don't get me wrong I am so very thankful for my 3 beautiful girls I have been miraculously blessed with) But sometimes it is just hard when the "moments of endings" are not planned to come so quickly.  I just love this quote so much because I realize that I don't need to dwell long on those feelings of loss. There is much to do while here on this Earth, we have to set aside those thoughts that limit our ability. I am so thankful for this gospel, the hope, peace, comfort.... completeness it brings into my life.

1 comment:

  1. Love you and know the feeling about the end! Just think about the beautiful middle and adventures yet to come! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete