Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pain

Well I doubt anyone reads this blog anymore as I have been MIA for quite some time, But I miss the therapy that writing down the simple little things in my life brings. So 2013 I am turning over a new leaf, starting fresh, and taking time for the things that make me happy. The last couple years have been well hard, but they have been for almost everyone I know. It seems people are being tried in so many different ways. Trails that are seen and obvious or trials that are hidden and secret. Both very real and very hard. I am reminded of a quote I found on pinterest that reads

"The prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears, and the kindest hearts have felt the most pain."

There have been days that I feel my heart was broken and wasn't sure how long it would take to fix it, or if it could even be fixed in this lifetime. I have felt hurt so deep that it literally felt as though I was breaking into tiny pieces.

But I realize it is at these moments that if we allow it, we become closer to God. We understand the atonement a little better, and start to see a glimpse into what our Savior Jesus Christ did for us. That light (no matter how small) starts to peak through the clouds. Hope is reborn.

I don't feel put back together yet but I do feel I am on the mend, I feel closer to my Father in Heaven, and my Savior. I also feel that I have an added depth to my soul I understand things and people a little bit better. I am so thankful for this life the opportunities and experiences that ultimately will shape us into the people that God intends us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment